Indications for incontinence treatment are mild and moderate urinary incontinence and mixed Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI). Controlled clinical studies proofs Fotona as an effective, easy to perform and safe procedure.
How does IncontiLase® work?
- Fotona’s 2940nm Er: YAG non-ablative laser, with proprietary «Smooth-mode» technology, thermal involvement of vaginal tissue, stimulation of collagen remodeling and synthesis of new collagen fibers in the region of the ventilator orifice and urethral as well as in the area along the vaginal wall.
- The end result of collagen neogenesis is the shrinkage and tightening of the tissue of the vaginal mucosa and the collagen-rich endopelvic fascia and subsequently greater support to the bladder and the return of normal continence function.
Unique advantages of IncontiLase® for your patients
An important advantage of IncontiLase is that the procedure is incisionless and painless, without ablation, cutting, bleeding or suturing. Recovery is extremely fast without the need for pain relievers or antibiotics.
Three sessions are generally recommended to relieve moderate stress urinary incontinence. These sessions will be four to six weeks apart. No special preoperative preparation or post-operative precautions are necessary. Patients can immediately return to their normal daily activities.
Studies confirm that IncontiLase is an effective, safe, and comfortable treatment option to alleviate symptoms in patients with mild and moderate SUI.
Exceptional Clinical Results
The scientific results of clinical studies have an excellent improvement for mild and moderate stress urinary incontinence.
- Almost 70% of patients without loss after 120 days.
- 120 days after IncontiLase treatment 94% of patients reported improvement
- Improvement of the SUI in all the measured parameters.
- No adverse events were observed in any of the studies.
Introduction to IncontiLase®
IncontiLaser training is provided through the Academy of Laser and Health (LA&HA) as an independent training workshop under the guidance of experts in medical laser technology. The highest stage, where participants participate in live demonstrations and require a greater understanding of laser physics and laser-tissue interaction, provides the necessary insights into the fundamentals of IncontiLase treatment and other procedures that can be performed with this special system. Er: YAG laser.
Novel Minimally Invasive VSP Er:YAG Laser Treatments in Gynecology –
Vizintin Z, Rivera M, Fistonić I, Saraçoglu F, Guimares P, Gaviria J, Garcia V, Lukac M, Perhavec T, Marini L.
Journal of the Laser and Health Academy, Vol. 2012, No. 1, P. 46-58.
Dra. Widad Tourkmani
SPECIALIST IN AESTHETIC MEDICINE AND MEDICAL LASER
Radiation Oncology Specialist
Collegiate number: 282860507
Dr. Tourkmani works with us at our center on Calle Darro 15 and has training from LA&HA and has been performing these types of treatments for years.